![]() |
| Oranges - Painting #2 |
I'm not crazy about this painting but I'm going to post them all. The good, the bad and the ugly. My goal is to not fuss, but just do it and try to keep it limited to under two hours. After two hours I get tired. The old Lana, would have wiped this off before finishing because the orange color did not look orange until I added the background. Weird how that happens! I am using a limited palette; Cad Yellow Light, Alizeran Crimson, Ultra Marine Blue, and Transparent Red Oxide. Plus Titanium White. Color is overwhelming to me, and I think a limited palette makes it a little easier. I use the Transparent Red Oxide to tone my board and for my drawing.
I am going to try to post one new thing I've learned after each painting. After all, that's the reason for painting small and often. To learn quickly. I've learned to start with my bristle brush to lay in the color, and finish with my sable brush. I use the sable to work the edges and add more color on top. I'm trying to think of my start more like a 'coloring book'. Who's afraid to color in a coloring book? Once I get in my base colors then it's kind of fun to mess around and put in my additional colors. Right now I'm pre mixing all my colors before I start painting. I tweak them as I go, but I think this also simplifies and makes it easier instead of mixing each color from scratch when it's needed.
It was hard getting started today because I was making excuses already of what I needed to do before I could settle in to paint. I guess you can see by the date, that I already missed posting yesterday! Not a good way to start. But, I did do some work in my studio yesterday. I'm working on a large abstract. I need something for a bare wall in my bedroom. Abstracts are not as easy to paint as they appear to be on YouTube and I'm still not happy with it. I'm going to re work it this weekend and if it turns out OK, I'll post.

No comments:
Post a Comment