Basket of Apples
So I have been so upset with myself because I haven't been committing to my one painting a day. I was busy for a few days and then felt a little under the weather. On Monday I thought I'm going to paint no matter what. So, I ended up going for my daily hike, then planted my garden seeds, and by that tine it was already getting late in the day. Then, before starting a new painting, I decided to try to fix a few of my previous paintings. A fly had landed on my wet yellow onions painting and walked all around it making marks until it finally ended up getting stuck in the shadow. I spent about an hour trying to fix it and adjust the shadow until I ended up having a complete mess and just threw it away. Argh! Then, I thought I'll 'fix' my orange painting too. I wanted to infuse a little more color into the orange slices and cool down the shadow. I started by covering the whole thing with linseed, and then the colors flowed and blended a little better than trying to do it on a dry canvas like I did with the onions. It turned out just okay, and at least I didn't make it any worse. By that time I was already starting to get a headache, but forced myself to paint something. I grabbed a miniature basket of miniature plastic apples and and thought I'll just go for it. It was much too complex a painting to start the way I was feeling and I definitely wasn't in the mood. I just rushed through it to get it done because by the end I had a full blown headache. It looks extremely amateur, but I'm posting it anyway because I said would post everything. I could probably go in and fix it, but I think I'll just move on.
I've decided that still life just doesn't excite me. Soooo, why am I putting off learning to be a landscape painter when that's what I REALLY want to do? So, my new plan is to only paint Mon - Thurs so I don't get burned out. I'll take landscape reference photos on the weekends. We'll see how that goes....
In the meantime found a wonderful landscape painter that I would love to emulate; Andy Dolphin. He has quite a few great videos on You Tube. Here's a link to his blog;
myweekinart.blogspot.com
|
No comments:
Post a Comment